- I wanted everything to fit together, says the model.
Fast fashion chains teaming up with big stars is nothing new. The Swedish clothing giant H&M has, since 2004, brought in guest designers, such as Karl Lagerfeld, Simone Rocha, and Iris Apfel.
The Spanish clothing chain Zara is also teaming up with familiar faces. Last month it was announced that they would launch a collaborative collection with designer Narciso Rodriguez, and this summer the clothing chain released a collection in collaboration with Emmanuelle Alt, former editor-in-chief of Vogue Paris.
This time Zara teams up with Kaia Gerber.
The collaboration collection with the model will be available on Zara's website tomorrow, October 4.
Kaia x Zara consists of 30 garments and accessories inspired by the 90s, writes Vogue. I wonder if she has had some help from her supermodel mother Cindy Crawford.
- I have always loved Zara and how they make fashion accessible, which is not always the most accessible industry, says Gerber to the magazine.
- I can have an expensive blazer, but still end up wearing one of my Zara blazers, she adds.
The collaboration collection, perhaps unsurprisingly, consists of garments and accessories that the model herself wants to wear.
- Selfishly enough, I wanted everything to be something I wanted to wear. I travel a lot, so I thought, 'If I were to go away for a month or two, would I have everything I needed in this collection?'" says Gerber.
The collection consists of turtlenecks, suits, short denim jackets, and slip dresses.
- My style is quite classic, and I like a man's suit and good tailoring. So I think it was about bringing it together and mixing in some more revealing pieces, the model continues to Vogue.
- I love the white shirt with an open back. And I also love the silk pajama suit, because I'm always trying to figure out how to wear pajamas everywhere, she adds.
The tops in the collection have a price tag of between 30 and 120 dollars, while the trousers are around 89 dollars. The price of the dresses ranges from 89 to 169 dollars, while the coats are anywhere from 189 to 439 dollars.
The collection thus has a wide range of prices - where the cheapest is just over 30 dollars, and the most expensive garment costs just under 500 dollars
Kaia Gerber says that she wanted the collection to consist of a simple color palette.
- I love colors, but in my wardrobe there is mostly grey, black and beige. So I wanted everything to fit together. I don't like to think too much when I get ready in the morning, she says.
Gerber still wanted it to be easy to combine the collection with more colorful statement pieces.
- You can combine the clothes with a colorful bag or hat. Or your personality can add color.
And according to Gerber, there is a possibility that we will see more of her designs in the future, but possibly in a slightly different form.
- I am very fond of architecture and interior design right now, so I want to design my own house. Zara has an interior line, so maybe Zara Home!